Did you know with the Libby app from OverDrive you can access thousands of ebooks, audiobooks, videos, and magazines?! Our two main digital collections are the North Carolina Digital Library and the NC Kids Digital Library. Both collections provide access to quality content that is free with your library card!
Follow the steps below to get started using Libby:
- Download and install Libby from your app store:
- Open the app and follow the prompts to add a library.
- Sign in using your library card and PIN. Don’t have a PIN or having trouble? Email us or call 828.287.6115.
Tips for using Libby:
- You can add multiple libraries to Libby and switch between them. For example, add both the North Carolina Digital Library and NC Kids Digital Library to access all the great titles available from each.
- When searching or browsing a library, use the Preferences options to limit results to the specific format (ebook, audiobook, etc) or availability (available now or everything) you are interested in.
- Finished with your title early? Use the Return Early function to free up the slot on your shelf.
- Need more time to finish a title? Most ebooks and audiobooks can be renewed starting three (3) days before their due date. If the title has one or more holds on it, you will not be able to renew it but you can place yourself on hold for it again and Libby will remember where you left off when you check it out the second time.