While the County Libraries are currently closed to the public due to the COVID-19 situation, the Rutherford County Library System is pleased to offer Curbside Library Service beginning Wednesday, March 25. The library’s Curbside Service means that you will still be able to check out library materials, including books, DVD’s, and audiobooks, from the County Library and the Haynes and Mountains Branches.
- To use the Curbside Service, please call 828-287-6115 Monday through Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and speak with a library staff member to request up to five (5) items per library account.
- Please have your library card number handy when you call as you will need this to place an order.
- When your items are ready for pickup, library staff will call you back to schedule a pick-up time and location (County Library, Haynes Branch or Mountains Branch).
- In order to maintain a safe social distance, library staff will not physically hand you materials. Instead, your items will be placed on a table just outside the library’s entrance.
- Any items that you are returning need to be placed in the book return and/or DVD return.
- Items currently checked out will not be due until at least May 1, and overdue fines will not accrue while the libraries are closed to the public.
In addition to telephone service, library staff are available via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Facebook Messenger (@RutherfordCountyLibrary).
Don’t forget we also have ebooks and downloadable audiobooks!
You will need your library card number and PIN to access these resources. If you do not have a PIN or need assistance, call the library at 828-287-6115.